Child Care Provider Job Description
Hannah’s Home is in need of a reliable child care provider to supervise our children for 20 hours a week during business hours. We are seeking an experienced, caring and nurturing professional who truly enjoys spending time with babies. The child care provider will be responsible for caring for the babies while our residents are at work, school, or other approved programming. The babies should be provided with engaging developmentally-appropriate activities, keeping proper records of events throughout the day and alerting staff immediately if there are any problems so that the mother’s can be notified.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Valid driver’s license
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma
- Evidence of a personal relationship with Christ
- Dependable, consistent, living a life of integrity
- Willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Embrace and uphold the mission and values of Hannah’s Home.
- Keep the play area safe and free from hazards while monitoring babies consistently throughout the day.
- Sanitize play equipment, games and toys on a regular basis to keep them safe and attractive while minimizing the spread of germs.
- Change diapers, dress children and assist them with their snacks, drinks and meals as needed.
- Keep an individual record for each child that includes information about his or her behaviors, daily activities, meals eaten, medications received and other important and mundane details. Discuss this information with each child’s parents on a daily or weekly basis.
- Provide engaging experiences for the babies with their caregiver, while they explore a stimulating learning environment that supports their developmental needs.
- Remain in communication with a staff member in case of an emergency.
- Participate in staff development opportunities including quarterly trainings and one-on-one meetings with the daycare administrator.
- Provide a model for healthy, trusting relationships through clear communication, conflict resolution skills, and coping strategies.
- Complete all other assigned duties as assigned.
- Opportunity to serve the Lord in a front-line ministry
- Building relationships and making a difference in the lives of women and babies
- Give back and contribute to the community by serving the population of women in crisis and their babies
- This is an up to 20 hour/week position at $14/hour
- Develop interpersonal and leadership skills
Application and Screening Process:
- Written application
- Phone Interview
- Interview with hiring team
- Background check
- Background references checked
- Letter of job offer or denial
For inquiries and/or application, please contact Vicki Krnac, Executive Director at 440-209-9615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.